So often, the invitation sets the tone for the party. So when we saw these adorable princess-themed invitations from Eden Flora, we started dreaming of tiaras and tea sandwiches. From snacks to activities to ideas for perfect, custom goodie bags, we’ve got your princess party plan.
- Start the event off right with these custom invitations. Take it up a notch by sealing the envelopes with princess-worthy jeweled stickers.
- Make crowns for the little princesses with hot glue, felt, ribbon, and cardboard. Leave plain and provide an assortment of ribbons, trims, laces, and “jewels” to decorate.
- Every princess needs a wand. Start with one of these wands, and let little hands add ribbons, silk flowers, and stickers to personalize them.
- When it’s time to eat, we love the delicate whimsy of these products. They’re so pretty you’ll forget they are paper.
- A royal feast should definitely center on sweets. We like the idea of simple tea sandwiches for no-fuss savory treats. As far as dessert goes, the top of the tiara is the limit! Cupcake towers on three-tiered trays are a fun alternative to a birthday cake. If you want to keep it easy, order a cake from your favorite bakery and have them customize it. Here in Birmingham, we love Baking Bandits, so we might try a dessert bar with an assortment of their fantastic cookies, shortbreads, and bars. The only drink festive enough for a princess party is, of course, sparkly pink punch! If you’d like, serve your little princesses in mix-and-match cups and saucers from the thrift store that they can take home as a great reminder of the feast.
- Decor options are myriad. We love pumpkins painted in pink and topped with glitter to remind us of Cinderella, but there’s all manner of posh, pretty lights, simple, spray painted centerpieces and decor galore for such an occasion.
- The goodie bag is a great way to leave a lasting impression. No matter what you put in it–sugar cookie lollipops, lip gloss, or pretty barrettes–make sure to personalize them with either a sticker or a card that matches the invitations; a nice way to round out the experience for your guests.